戒烟七天记（2）：How to cleanse your lungs
1. Healthline.com tips
- Get an air purifier
- Change your house filters
- Eliminate artificial scents
- Spend more time outside
- Try breathing exercises （pursed lip breathing； belly breathing (also known as diaphragmatic breathing 腹式呼吸）
- Practice percussion （拍打疗法） - Percussion is a technique that can help drain out the lungs. It involves having you lie down with your head lowered and tapping lightly on your back, working from top to bottom. 这个有意思。晚上尝试一下。
- Go cold turkey
- Discard diary 要求避免一切奶制品。
To clean your lungs, get rid of all the dairy products. This will help your body exclude the toxins during the lung cleanse.
- Bring on the green tea. (Drink a cup of your favourite herbal green tea before bed to release toxins in the intestine that can lead to constipation.) 这个建议不常见。睡前喝杯绿茶？可以释放小肠里的毒素避免便秘？？
- Lemons rule （早餐前喝杯柠檬水）
- Drink carrot juice
- Include peppermint or pudina in your diet.
- Choose the Yoga way
- Include healthy foods, specifically for your lungs, in your diet. (Water, cruciferous veggies, apples, fatty fish, beans, nuts, carrots are all foods that will boost lung health and keep them healthy.)
Food to Avoid
The reason why you are coughing is the mucus accumulated in your lungs. Therefore you should avoid food that triggers mucus production:
- Processed meat
- Frozen convenience food
- Fast food in general
- Dairies (milk, cheese, and yogurt)
What to Eat
Smoking is one of the factors that generate an acidic pH in your blood. Too much acid in your body fluids is a condition called acidosis. If it goes too far, this could lead to kidney stones or even kidney failure.
To compensate for this, you should eat more alkaline foods.
Vegetables: root vegetables, leafy greens
Fruits: apples, bananas, lemons, berries, oranges, watermelons
Proteins: almonds, chestnuts
Spices: cinnamon, curry, ginger