American Grace: How Religion Divides and Unites Us
推荐一本好书“American Grace: How Religion Divides and Unites Us"，作者是Robert D. Putnam和David E. Campbell.
David E. Campbell (Canadian) is an author and is the John Cardinal O'Hara, C.S.C. Associate Professor of Political Science at the University of Notre Dame and the founding director of the Rooney Center for the Study of American Democracy.
The Faith Matters Survey was conducted on behalf of Harvard University by International Communications Research in the summer of 2006. The survey was generously funded by the John Templeton Foundation. The national survey interviewed roughly 3,100 Americans in an hour-long phone survey both about their religion (beliefs, belonging and behavior) and their social and political engagement. The data provided precise measurements of religious belief and behavior to help scholars determine their relative stability among different sub-populations and as compared to nonreligious beliefs and behaviors. Some variable names have been modified by the ARDA. Original variable names are in parentheses.
（2） 2007年the Faith Matters 2007 survey
Nearly every chapter of American Grace contains a surprise about American religious life. Among them:
● Between one-third and one-half of all American marriages are interfaith;
● Roughly one-third of Americans have switched religions at some point in their lives;
● Young people are more opposed to abortion than their parents but more accepting of gay marriage;
● Even fervently religious Americans believe that people of other faiths can go to heaven;
● Religious Americans are better neighbors than secular Americans—more generous with their time and treasure even for secular causes—but the explanation has less to do with faith than with their communities of faith;
● Jews are the most broadly popular religious group in America today.
About 83% of Americans identify with a religious tradition, about 40% go to church at least weekly, about 59% pray at least once a week, and about a third read scripture at least once a week.
2006年Faith Matters Survey信息大全：https://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/RCMD/studies/36315
2011年Faith Matters Survey信息大全：http://www.thearda.com/Archive/Files/Descriptions/FTHMAT11.asp